Thursday, November 5, 2009

Illustration - Working Methods, Week 5: Expressions, take 2




This week we were instructed to carry over from last week's theme, expressions, and take the expression into an event, or non-event, depending on the point of view. I was in London for a birthday party last week and decided to take my experience and feelings from that night and try to represent the lifecycle of a party. It ended up being rather morose and melancholic, which is not at all how I was feeling that night. I had a good time, really!

The square piece with the disco ball was my final piece, but my instructor preferred a different piece. Any guesses which? The rest are the studies I did; colour studies and anatomy studies, mostly. I'm not sure why I decided to post all of my sketchbook work this week. I think most of the work in this class is done in my sketchbook with all the preliminary research and drawing that leads up to the finished piece. Funny that the finished piece looks tired; I put more work into the prelim

work than the final product.

No comments: